Anti-climb is an affordable and easy way to protect commercial facilities, place of worship, home or business. It is also referred to as anti-vandal paint, non-drying paint, anti-burglar paint or security paint. There is an array of anti-climb paint that is available on the market. It is the most ideal product for people who have experienced security threats in the past, especially with intruders.
There are many benefits that are associated with the use of anti climb paint. Some of the main ones are as follows:
Anti-climb paint has a consistency that is oily and thick. It has a close resemblance to petroleum jelly. This product is primarily designed to make surfaces such as fences and walls difficult to climb. The paint achieves this by rendering such surfaces slippery. It actively forms a thin skin that assists in preventing leaves from adhering to it. It has a thixotropic nature such that it returns to a liquid state on application of pressure thus making it impossible for intruders to establish a grip.
Most intruders are able to comfortably scale lamp posts, mount walls and climb fences to make your grounds insecure. Anti-climb paint is a substance that is greasy and thick such that it will make it impossible for a trespasser to obtain a good foothold or grip on buildings. This means that a mere signpost reading anti-climb is enough to keep trespassers at bay.
Identification of intruders
Anti-climb paint might not be harmful to health but it has the potential to stain clothes, body, and hands of any individual who touches it. It is dark in color and non-drying hence making it difficult to clean. This can significantly help the authorities in identifying intruders that attempt to access an unauthorized property.
Anti-climb paint might but an effective solution to burglary but are certain legal requirements that must be met before it is used. These are:
- There should be a display sign that warns anyone who is approaching the property. These warning signs ought to be placed every 2 to 3 linear meters.
- The anti-climb paint ought to be applied at least 2 meters above the standard access height. This helps to prevent any individual from accidentally smearing anti-climb paint on clothing.
- This paint should not be utilized in areas where either domestic or wild animals use regularly. The animals cannot read signs and this paint can harm them
There are several types of anti-climb signs that are designed for various locations. They include the following:
- Self-adhesive signs – These are ideal for surfaces that are flat and smooth.
- Rigid plastic signs – These signs are either glued using a good adhesive or drilling.
- Aluminum composite signs – These can be fixed or drilled to wire fences.
- Glow in the dark sign – This is most suitable for areas that are unlit hence dark.
Whenever anti-climb paint is being applied to seal porous substrates, the substrate ought to be sealed. Alternatively, the application of 2 to 3 even coats should suffice. Furthermore, it should be applied to a depth of at least 1mm for effectiveness.
The above insightful information clearly shows that anti-climb paint is a cost-effective, safe and simple way through which to protect your property from burglars and unwanted intruders.